Apr 8, 2012

Hugo Nominations are out

 

hugoFor those of you not sure what the Hugo’s are:

The Hugo Award® is the leading award for excellence in the field of science fiction and fantasy. The Hugos are awarded each year by the World Science Fiction Society, at the World Science Fiction Convention (Worldcon).

[Read On]

The full list of nominees can be found on the Chicon 7 site here.  But I would like to draw your attention to some Australian highlights.

The Coode Street Podcast, Jonathan Strahan & Gary K. Wolfe (505 Aussie)

and


Galactic Suburbia Podcast, Alisa Krasnostein, Alex Pierce, and Tansy Rayner Roberts (presenters) and Andrew Finch (producer)

 

I am fans of both these podcasts and its good to see Australians getting recognition on the American/World stage.

Congrats guys.


I have been nominated to run in this years fan fund for the National Science Fiction Convention to be held in Melbourne.

If you appreciate the work that I do in Australian Speculative Fiction Fandom and you have a spare $5, you can vote for me here and help send me to the National Conference.

The $5 dollars contributes toward the fund for this and subsequent years.


Did you enjoy this post? Would you like to read more? You can subscribe to the blog through a reader,by Email or Follow me on twitter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...